Aldi Food Market, Milford CT 4Mar16 – Ready for Credit Cards
Aldi has been in the states for some 30 years steadily gaining scale in new stores but more importantly evolving their offer and positioning to appeal to a wider breadth of shoppers.
- Extensive premium and healthy options for shoppers from organic to good for you to gluten free
- A more than adequate fresh meat offer for most households
- A basic but very fresh produce offer
- Deli and Dairy offers with both range and multiple tiers of quality / specialization
- Increased brand presence and visibility
- Increased ethnic products both major and own brands
- FINALLY accepted Credit Cards
Aldi has done all this while maintaining its long held discipline in product quality and specifications for its own brands and store conditions.
While the entrance of Lidl into the USA will certainly give Aldi some familiar competition, the bigger trend and issue for other supermarket operators is that the small smart supermarket like the Aldi’s, Lidl’s and Trader Joe’s. These highly productive, local and easy to shop, at good values and experience will continue to win share of trips and spend from shoppers versus traditional big box grocery and supercenters.
Similar Photo Gallery
I had the opportunity to meet the CMO and tour the Frank & Oak store in Toronto. I think it